Frank B. on May 20, 2006, 07:54:19 pm
Ok, geek corner question.  What are the sonic weopons exactly?  Are they high amplitude directed sound waves?  Or are they more like electro-magnetic or laser discharges that are triggered by playing the instrument?  If the former, then why the different colors?

Jake B. on May 21, 2006, 01:31:11 am
Well, its kinda like star wars, makes no sence but looks really cool!  ;D But hey, its a comic book! :D
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

Mark Stegbauer on May 22, 2006, 11:54:53 pm
I figure that it's sound waves. The reason for the different colors is that it could be the type of music coming out or the type of instrument. Eric Clapton doesn't sound the same if he plays a Les Paul guitar instead of his Fender Stratocaster, and I'm sure Zakk Wylde sounds different when he plays an acoustic over an electric. But that's just my theory, Mike knows his world better than any of us.

Frank B. on May 23, 2006, 02:57:00 pm
True dat.  Hopefully he'll post here sometime soon.  ;D

Jake B. on May 23, 2006, 05:34:39 pm
ya,I definately can agree with that, and it sounds like a good theory ;D
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

D.Inife on August 27, 2009, 04:24:16 am
i dont see why theres so much hype around this , its just sonic rush with 3d graphics...oh and some wolf nonsence why they cant make a sonic game without a random gimick is , well is getting anouying now

Rocketman on August 27, 2009, 03:07:55 pm
It's well known in scientific circles that sound at a low frequency can harm or even kill.  Recently, the U. S. military has funded research by various companies that employ sound or light to disorientate protesting crowds.  About 4 years ago I saw briefly a unit the size of a small flashlight that produced a green light that could if you shined the light in their eyes cause the individual to become sick to their stomach and loose their balance.  If it was pointed at them long enough it would cause them to "toss their cookies" .  No, their was no demonstration.

anything