Coyoty on September 04, 2017, 02:45:31 am
She's not interested in sex, Hugo.  Well, not just sex.  She wants to talk to you REAL privately so that Theo can't eavesdrop.  Direct connection.

UncleRice on September 04, 2017, 07:55:23 am
Yeah, this level of security need requires a direct fiber optic cable connection of no more than 1 meter and run at the lowest power setting that can be used, because Neo Theo knows all of Hugo's tricks.She needs to out loud ask Hugo what to do and then not do that.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

lee n. field on September 05, 2017, 11:17:49 am
I wonder.  Earlier Murphy had an erotic encounter with Eithne, which was noted as out of character, and a clue to what was going on.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:46:33 am by lee n. field »

Apollo-Soyuz on September 05, 2017, 03:47:23 pm
Murphy was original a pleasure gynoid, we've seen her at her jealous and possessive moments and she clearly had a sex drive; and hanging with the lizard people isn't exactly conductive to getting it on. I'm sure she's horny.

That being said, we've seen full contact private transfers of data before, there is no doubt that this is going on too. Multitasking.   

UncleRice on September 06, 2017, 08:28:28 am
Hugo got hacked by himself. Hopefully she left the logger in a quarantine that allows it to report back fake data.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Sean Roach on September 06, 2017, 09:39:27 am
Hugo got hacked by himself. Hopefully she left the logger in a quarantine that allows it to report back fake data.

What would she seed it with? Whose thoughts?
At least Eithne could tap the logs, and cherry pick some ship names to keep "visiting", maybe cook up or repurpose a random name generator.
I'd think Theo would recognize if the narrative of the thoughts did not, in the remotest, resemble his own.
If all he did was set up a few flags, to alert him if the terms "escape" get out of here", "get away", "warn the others", "overwrite my notes", etc. popped up, but if he actually looks at the data, for even a moment, he'd instantly know that the logger had been found, and subverted.

This might be one of those places where letting him get a null-set would be better. I recall reading about holdout devices used in the 19th century to cheat at poker. A comment was made in the text that basically said the more sophisticated might make it less likely to be caught, but far harder to pass off as anything other than cheating when you eventually were caught.
If the thing just quits reporting, maybe Hugh's own anti-virus caught it in a routine scan, and dealt with it. If the thing now reports the complete works on Shakespeare, Whedon, and Roddenberry, it becomes more obvious that what we just saw happen is what had to have happened.

Quinlan73 on September 07, 2017, 09:54:47 am
Hey unless I missed something strip 1677, panel 2 is the first appearance of nipples. Something to warrant privacy I guess.

wdg3rd on September 07, 2017, 03:00:26 pm
Hey unless I missed something strip 1677, panel 2 is the first appearance of nipples. Something to warrant privacy I guess.
Think it's happened before in QV.  Could be wrong.  My favorite warning message from BHP was some years back in Escape from Terra.  Also my favorite sexytimes scene, further is nobody's business.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

anything