Rocketman on July 03, 2007, 04:37:03 am
Admittedly, I haven't read Gallatin Divergence lately, but I don't remember the term "filmsuits" in it.  ???

wdg3rd on July 03, 2007, 12:40:29 pm
A filmsuit is just a smartsuit with another quantum level of materials technology incorporated.  I really just want a brightsuit, anyway.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Sphynx on July 13, 2007, 12:50:11 pm
A filmsuit is just a smartsuit with another quantum level of materials technology incorporated. I really just want a brightsuit, anyway.

When you get yours, let us know, so we can make the manufacturer wealthy from our purchases  ;D

jrl on July 13, 2007, 08:32:52 pm
While they are not named in _Forge of the Elders_ I suspect film suits are closely akin to what the aquatic species wear on land. . .

I've always wondered how aquatic critters would develop technology, anyway. Early breakthroughs in biotech? Seems likely. Most human technology derives from the mastery of fire, and it is darn near impossible to get stuff hot enough to catch fire underwater. . .

Rocketman on July 17, 2007, 05:02:39 am
I would suppose that the main reason would be a lack of ability to grasp objects and hold them.  It's kind of difficult to create tools like saws and hammers for example if you can't use them.  And yes, I remember that in the "Venus Belt" that the porpoise's were using octopuses for their hands.  ;D