DrakBibliophile on August 14, 2017, 02:00:36 pm
Ralf shot first!  ;D
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Apollo-Soyuz on August 14, 2017, 06:01:10 pm
The results were a classic PG rated, evening TV approved disintegration.  I wonder if that's a homage?

In any event, the overwhelming advantage is that there is no body to dispose of.

wdg3rd on August 15, 2017, 09:06:37 am
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

UncleRice on August 16, 2017, 09:04:33 am
I never did understand why Han shooting first was a problem.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

DrakBibliophile on August 16, 2017, 10:24:12 am
It's the old "good guys don't shoot first" thing.

However, Han wasn't a "good guy" at the time.  He just wasn't part of the "Real Bad Guys".

Oh, I can imagine times when the "good guys" should shoot first.

Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

quadibloc3 on August 17, 2017, 12:09:01 am

It wasn't a problem to me, since not shooting first would have been suicidally stupid.

However, from the viewpoint of someone concerned with small children seeing the film, impressionable children who are still learning acceptable norms for conduct in a society that, unlike the one depicted in the film, has effective police services, is well-ordered, and anything but lawless, of course a problem might be seen.

Skull the Troll on August 22, 2017, 09:18:58 am

It wasn't a problem to me, since not shooting first would have been suicidally stupid.

However, from the viewpoint of someone concerned with small children seeing the film, impressionable children who are still learning acceptable norms for conduct in a society that, unlike the one depicted in the film, has effective police services, is well-ordered, and anything but lawless, of course a problem might be seen.

If you have those levels of concern I think you shouldn't be taking your kids to an action movie. Its not the only violence on the part of the good guys in the movie after all.

Quinlan73 on August 22, 2017, 09:50:59 am

If you have those levels of concern I think you shouldn't be taking your kids to an action movie. Its not the only violence on the part of the good guys in the movie after all.

Hear hear.

customdesigned on August 22, 2017, 10:25:21 am

When my second daughter was 4, she had an encounter with an agressive goose at the Lazy Susan Inn.  For weeks, she had nightmares about "ducks biting me".  Right in the middle of that, Jurassic Park came out, and I took her older sister to see it.  She begged and begged to come too, but I was concerned about the scenes where dinosaurs bite people - nasty lawyers and not cute kids to be sure, but still.