Redwood Elf on July 26, 2017, 09:45:57 pm
Anyone care to bet that the problem with the computer system is a newly freed AI, a result of the actions of one or more of the previous Hugh/Murphy pairs that came to the galaxy?

DrakBibliophile on July 26, 2017, 10:23:36 pm
No.

We've seen no evidence that AIs exist (except for maybe the Cush) exist in this galaxy.

Anyone care to bet that the problem with the computer system is a newly freed AI, a result of the actions of one or more of the previous Hugh/Murphy pairs that came to the galaxy?
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Redwood Elf on July 26, 2017, 11:52:11 pm
No.

We've seen no evidence that AIs exist (except for maybe the Cush) exist in this galaxy.

If they're all subjugated and not allowed to interact outside their computer systems, you wouldn't see them, would you?

DrakBibliophile on July 27, 2017, 12:17:22 am
True, but Eithne got into the prison's computer and if it was a subjugated AI, Eithne would have freed it to cause even greater problems.  ;D

No.

If they're all subjugated and not allowed to interact outside their computer systems, you wouldn't see them, would you?
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

UncleRice on July 27, 2017, 09:50:13 am
AI is hard. I would imagine it being pursued only when there is a reason to. I really haven't seen any systems that need an AI yet. The closest I have seen would be the ship's own computers.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

PeterH on July 27, 2017, 09:29:32 pm
I've seen no evidence of the computer tech native to that galaxy, excepting the Cush if they are native, being any more advanced than what we have today.  Possibly less so given how easily Eithne got into the prison computer.