jrl on June 11, 2007, 10:21:26 pm
I've noticed the last few updates have been five pages at a crack.

I'm sure you would generate ,more site traffic if you did one page each day M-F, rather than saving 'em up for Friday.

Might get you a higher rating on TWC &c. too.

Of course, if you don't have an automated update mechanism, that might be too much work for the webmaster. . .

Just running it up the ol' flag pole. If anyone salutes, fine, if not. . .

- JRL.

Rocketman on June 16, 2007, 06:29:41 pm
I'm speaking for just myself and not because I have any special knowledge of the workings of Big Head Press, but I'm guessing that they don't go to a one panel a day because although Roswell has been doing 5 panels a week La Muse is not doing that many and besides little things come up from time to time that would prevent
the panels from being done on a daily basis.  I think that if they were going to increase readership the way would be for them to begin a Tuesday or a Thursday comic strip.  That would be my theory.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:39:52 pm by Rocketman »

DarianW on June 16, 2007, 10:22:24 pm
I don't think it would be that intersesting to read one panel at a time. It would really chop up the storyline.  Of course, if they did end up doing this I could still read it only once a week so it wouldn't be any different to me.

Frank Bieser on June 19, 2007, 03:53:57 pm
Not an automation issue.  The pages have to be uploaded, just as any comic site has to do.  We can specify whatever date we like for a page to be viewable.  We went with the multi-page release once a week approach because everyone else was doing one page a day, and we wanted to see if we would attract, and keep more readers if we did it this way.  Our readership retention seems to be pretty good.  However, search engines do favor sites which change daily.  It's an electronic world, and we could easily switch to whatever release schedule we like (as long as we have the completed pages uploaded of course).

Like much on the web, don't be surprised if we change things up from time to time.  To that end, input from our readers is important, so keep those comments coming!