Sean Roach on May 17, 2017, 01:20:42 pm

Maybe, but the last panel of (http://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1596) and the first panel of 1597 seem to imply that she or her people can analyze data emotionally and at a subconscious level; which is both amazing and sensible.

Do you mean that you can't? That's what a "gut feeling" IS. That's how creative people can synthesize new ideas out of seemingly unrelated stimuli.

This isn't the type of film I'd choose for my own watching, but I've seen most of it, since my mom enjoys it. This clip lays out that type of creative synthesis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuAN4Ni-9A

lurkergao on May 18, 2017, 12:43:54 pm
Okay what the heck is going on here? are these these two huge gluteans going to pummel her like ralf or some 'other' way of getting info? Because they've started this torture session off to an odd start.

Mayhaps this is a death by snu snu form of torture?

Sean Roach on May 18, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
Okay what the heck is going on here? are these these two huge gluteans going to pummel her like ralf or some 'other' way of getting info? Because they've started this torture session off to an odd start.

Mayhaps this is a death by snu snu form of torture?

I'm reminded of a quote. "First, you show them the tools". I can't attribute the quote, unfortunately.
Basically, they're intimidating her to start, to get as much information as they can BEFORE they apply the thumbscrews and blackjacks.

I have to wonder if Eithne has any way of turning off her sense of pain. It seems like it'd be an easy thing to add to an implant that already allows for full-immersion sim.

UncleRice on May 19, 2017, 02:02:34 am
This session reveals a significant lack of finesse or competency in their torture methods. It's making me feel a lot better about Ralf being a potential ally. The Glutes seem to lack the cleverness needed to think of recruiting him, let alone figuring out how to actually pull it off. She has probably gained some respect in his eyes, now can he deal with her style of combat?

Arranging a prisoner transport and then a prisoner release isn't exactly honorable combat, but then again, honor seems to be the haven of the sociopathic. I am also suspecting he knows more than he is letting on. He may know expedition 1 or 2.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

emb021 on May 19, 2017, 10:38:41 am
Was trying to figure out what was up with the outfits.  The hats/head pieces were weird.

They seemed kinda superheroey.  Maybe some kind of 'spanish inquisition' equivalent type of outfit for this society?

And it seemed that they 2 torturers were going for a 'good cop/bad copy' vibe, but the white one was the bad cop, and the black/dark red the good one.

BadCyborg on May 19, 2017, 11:48:06 am
Has anybody done the math on the period of the first "interrogation"? 200,000 seconds (200 kiloseconds assuming kilo =1,000 not 1,024) is 55 hours, 33 min and 20 sec. If kilo = 1024 then 200 ksec = 56 hours, 52 min. 20 sec. In either case, 200 ksec is OVER 2.3 DAYS!!! I can believe 28.8 ksec (or 28.125 binary ksec) because that is 8 hours of fun by the Tweedle twins. I could even see 12 hours (43.2 ksec or 42.0875 bksec) But over 2 terrestrial days? Sorry, not buying the bravo sierra, Scott. Unless the twins (and all glutes? {shudder}) have truly unbelievable stamina, continuous work for such a period would exhaust anybody.

Our girl HAS to figure out a way to neutralize the twins and shut down (temporarily disable would be better) all the cell containment fields before her next Q&A period. I'm not sure how much more of the twins' "fun and games" she can survive.

Too bad we have to wait until Monday for our next fix. This is really getting good!

Wonder if Scott is going to pause the strip for Alamo City Comic Con next weekend. Was gonna go but the basic ticket prices are way to high for my poor retiree budget.

quadibloc3 on May 22, 2017, 08:55:36 am
I think it is now obvious, and indeed, has been for several installments, why Eithne is going to decide to stay in this new galaxy instead of returning home.

She may not know it yet, but in Ralf, she will... find love!

Of course, this strip may take a turn that avoids the cliches and subverts the genre-savvy.

Sean Roach on May 22, 2017, 10:48:13 am
I think it is now obvious, and indeed, has been for several installments, why Eithne is going to decide to stay in this new galaxy instead of returning home.

Of course, this strip may take a turn that avoids the cliches and subverts the genre-savvy.

I think Eithne will prove to have more than a trace of Nicole's "Alyss Roaz" in her.

wdg3rd on May 23, 2017, 09:49:54 am
Scott has several times subverted genre clichés.  I have little doubt he'll manage it a few more times.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

B-Sabre on May 28, 2017, 07:58:12 pm
Was trying to figure out what was up with the outfits.  The hats/head pieces were weird.

They seemed kinda superheroey.  Maybe some kind of 'spanish inquisition' equivalent type of outfit for this society?

And it seemed that they 2 torturers were going for a 'good cop/bad copy' vibe, but the white one was the bad cop, and the black/dark red the good one.

I think it's supposed to be the Gluttean equivalent of "dominatrix" bondage gear.

B-Sabre on May 28, 2017, 08:06:19 pm
Has anybody done the math on the period of the first "interrogation"? 200,000 seconds (200 kiloseconds assuming kilo =1,000 not 1,024) is 55 hours, 33 min and 20 sec. If kilo = 1024 then 200 ksec = 56 hours, 52 min. 20 sec. In either case, 200 ksec is OVER 2.3 DAYS!!! I can believe 28.8 ksec (or 28.125 binary ksec) because that is 8 hours of fun by the Tweedle twins. I could even see 12 hours (43.2 ksec or 42.0875 bksec) But over 2 terrestrial days? Sorry, not buying the bravo sierra, Scott. Unless the twins (and all glutes? {shudder}) have truly unbelievable stamina, continuous work for such a period would exhaust anybody.

Two days of activity isn't that hard to believe, particularly if the interrogators have properly prepped (rest, nutrition, psychologically preparing), are relying on chemical assistance (methamphetamines, for humans), are taking turns taking breaks, or are letting their "apprentices" conduct some of the more boring bits of the interrogation.

There are plenty of examples of humans maintaining intense levels of activity for extended periods of time when circumstances call for it - the 1940 Battle of France and 1944 invasion of Normandy come immediately to mind.

Redwood Elf on May 30, 2017, 08:26:46 pm
Well, the feline has escaped the flexible container now. He knows she speaks his lingo now.

BadCyborg on June 02, 2017, 10:21:09 am

Can't you just imagine what their offspring would look like? Feet that would give Shaq's shoemaker nightmares. Eithne's ears but set higher on their heads. Forehead bumps but more delicate - like B'lana Torres on "Voyager". They would be cute little buggers. Wouldn't they just?

anything