lee n. field on February 17, 2017, 10:11:09 am
Remember Hugo's "interesting comment" that just burst out?

I think something in this galaxy caused that to happen and I think Murphy's "refusing to listen to Hugo's warnings" is related to that.

IE A woman of the culture they're visit won't expect a man to have anything worth saying so Murphy is doing likewise.

Once again, Murphy causing problems.  I wonder if the reason they keep dying out there is because of her?

Just get out of there!

It's like everyone's brain is all stupid from watching TeeVee.

lurkergao on February 17, 2017, 08:42:50 pm
welp thar she blows! the question now is whether they made it back to their ship. also pixie girl got left behind did her hopper malfunction? perhaps slower reflexes than her robot family

Apollo-Soyuz on February 18, 2017, 06:40:17 am
Eithne probably forgot to set her's to "meatbot", hopefully it didn't just teleport away her 'plant. (Page=1486 "kinda experimental")

Just because Hugo and Murphy managed to Escape from Bbrrrbtpff does not mean that their devices worked perfectly either. 

If they can get back to their ship, however, they can more than likely convince the Glutes that holding hostage against the 'Free-lancers' is a really bad idea.

Their guns are good, their shields are likely better, and they have the ability to teleport antimatter bombs far outside of the range of their enemies

page=1521 covers the only technological advantages the Glutens hold.

emb021 on February 20, 2017, 09:41:08 am
I figured Eithne's porter went without her.  The pain she experienced was from it leaving her guts.

Hugo and Murphy seemed to have missed that she's not there.

guess we'll see if their transporter beam can truly hold the ship.  Am guessing not.

Remains to be seen how they get Eithne back.  Hopefully not a repeat of past rescue operations...

UncleRice on February 20, 2017, 10:48:38 am
I'm thinking Eithne didn't bring a porter as it didn't go with the outfit. It's probably related to why she remained behind while the other two returned to their own galaxy. They are probably looking to assemble a rescue squad. Hopefully the Glutes are a little more civilized than the ones who imprisoned Seamus.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Apollo-Soyuz on February 20, 2017, 03:31:03 pm
Combat is stressful. They'll figure out she's missing in a minute.

The beam is a "tractor beam", another common Star Trek homage (actually coined in 1931 by E. E. Smith)

I'm worried why they're so worried about recalling the hopper. They have only seconds before what?

Unless they're unwilling to show the Glutes a new technology, a good counter-attack might be an EMP pulse via the EM-shield. As they have no AI tech, they'll probably just cripple the ship but everyone should stay alive long enough to get rescued.

As for getting Eithne back, well we did already get some hints.

I figured Eithne's porter went without her.  The pain she experienced was from it leaving her guts.

Hugo and Murphy seemed to have missed that she's not there.

guess we'll see if their transporter beam can truly hold the ship.  Am guessing not.

Remains to be seen how they get Eithne back.  Hopefully not a repeat of past rescue operations...

emb021 on February 21, 2017, 09:54:20 am
Well, that scene didn't give me a sense of urgency, like she's a prisoner of potentially hostage aliens, which she seems to be in now.  More like she's off on some adventure and they just need to find her.

But I'll guess we'll see how it all sorts out...

JanessaVR on February 21, 2017, 06:05:39 pm
It might be best to retreat for a bit and see if they can manage to cloak their ship or return to port and try to engineer a vessel that will defeat their scans.  Then try to rescue Eithne.

I bet Murphy's not whining so much now about Hugo deceiving the ButtHeads as to how their FTL drive really works.
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.