Rocketman on May 21, 2007, 08:48:32 pm
Can you give the general readership some idea of when the "Time Peepers" story is to begin?

Scott on June 04, 2007, 02:26:28 pm
It took us some time to find the right artist, but we think we've found him, and as soon as we verify that the contracts are signed we'll make an announcement. In the meantime, I hope to get the serialization started in August.

mjorkk on November 24, 2010, 03:11:27 am
I also have a question for the staff.  Normally I would start a new topic to conduct such a query, but given the nature of the question, this would not be effective.  How do I start a new topic.  I read the SMF help section, but I can't seem to locate the "start new topic" button on any page... any page at all. 

P.S. sorry for the necromancy, but I do find this warning quite funny.
-"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

Scott on November 24, 2010, 11:40:40 am
To make things harder for spammers, we have a policy that newbies can't post new topics. Once you graduate to the next level (by posting sufficient replies in existing topics), then you can create a new topic. Sorry for the inconvenience, but these spammers are like cockroaches.

In the meantime, if you have another question you can post it here.

Big.Swede on December 23, 2010, 03:07:33 pm
Ah, was wondering the same thing myself actualy. I figured it was something like that. Might want to put up a sticky thread explaining it to newbies. Just suggesting.
"Im purely a layman, wondering from a laymans point of view."

xpace on February 08, 2011, 03:46:41 am
To make things harder for spammers, we have a policy that newbies can't post new topics. Once you graduate to the next level (by posting sufficient replies in existing topics), then you can create a new topic. Sorry for the inconvenience, but these spammers are like cockroaches.
Considering how much a pest spammers make themselves these days, this policy is both prudent and entirely understandable. I even think this policy should be more widespread so as to give spammers the message to leave forums alone.

However, as a newbie myself here, I can attest that failing to tell us of this requirement during or after we sign up leaves us feeling frustrated at not knowing why we can't post new topics or even where to send website feedback on issues such as this. (I had to hunt to find this topic.) I feel that little things like this might be enough for some newbies to give up trying to participate in the forum.

It kind of ruined my reason for signing up because I just wanted to comment on a particular comic issue before the next one came out. And none of the other forum topics I've found so far perked my interests.

May I ask how many replies are considered sufficient? (Could you at least hint whether it is a handful or more?)

Here few friendly suggestions on how newbies could be informed fo this:

* Mentioned on the forum rules page, which newbies need to read and accept before proceeding?
* Mentioned in the email sent automatically to new members?
* Mentioned in a separate forum topic here and "stickied" to always be at the top?

For that matter, I think it would be really nice if there was a separate forum area just to provide website and/or forum feedback.
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." -- Emerson

evan on May 09, 2011, 12:00:19 pm
This post is to express my discontent with this new users can't post new topics policy.