H. Rearden on February 03, 2008, 07:35:05 pm
In fact, he was.

Is WFB still alive?

Last I heard, he's still alive and well at 82.  I know I've seen columns by him fairly recently.  Yup, he's still writing a regular column on National Review Online, the latest was dated yesterday.

Certainly wouldn't cast him as a live-action Buckley Williams.  He's too far old to be convincing as someone with access to Confederate medical care.

WFB Jr is still living but WFB Sr. died 50 years ago. Perhaps WFB Jr's son Christopher would be a good choice for the role of BFW.

$

H. Rearden on February 27, 2008, 08:07:41 pm
In fact, he was.

Is WFB still alive?

Last I heard, he's still alive and well at 82.  I know I've seen columns by him fairly recently.  Yup, he's still writing a regular column on National Review Online, the latest was dated yesterday.

Certainly wouldn't cast him as a live-action Buckley Williams.  He's too far old to be convincing as someone with access to Confederate medical care.

WFB Jr is still living but WFB Sr. died 50 years ago. Perhaps WFB Jr's son Christopher would be a good choice for the role of BFW.

$

He passed away today. Feb. 27.

$

knoodelhed on July 11, 2008, 04:52:32 am
The graphic novel seemed to lean towards a Michael York type as Manfred ...er, John J. Madison.

York, some may recall, played European businessman Stone Alexander, a/k/a The Antichrist, in The Omega Code (1999) and its sequel. Can't get a meatier villain role than that, but York pulled it off with style. I don't know what kind of budget TBN threw at that project, but the sum was probably minuscule compared to what's usual for Big Hollywood. I'd "keep" York as Madison. :)

ansonmacdonald on July 12, 2008, 08:38:56 am
I'm not certain about any height differences between the actors but how about Robert Beltran for Win and Lou Diamond Phillips as Ed?  No split screen shenanigans needed and the difference in appearance is explained by Ed's better lifestyle.

For Deejay Thorins I'm thinking Marg Helgenburger; she is easily capable of carrying the role.

Clarissa is a tough one.  How about Mary Louise Parker (of Weeds fame)?  She'd look great as a strawberry blonde  ;D

Scott on July 17, 2008, 06:44:53 pm
I have a new choice for Win/Ed which everyone is probably going to hate -- but that's never stopped me before.

Carlos Mencia.

KBCraig on July 19, 2008, 01:28:08 am

Frankjc3rd on March 25, 2009, 07:52:33 pm
I have another name to throw into the ring of "what if" actors.

Wes Studi for Win Bear.  Mr Studi Is playing General Linus Abner on NBC's "Kings".

:)
Nothing is forever, but the internet comes close.
Anonymous
I know me, I've seen me do it.
Ron White

Frankjc3rd on April 12, 2009, 11:52:43 pm
I realize now that I was a libertarian all along but it took his imagination of a world of peace, prosperity and freedom to make me see it.  Thanks L. N. S.

You too huh?  :)
Nothing is forever, but the internet comes close.
Anonymous
I know me, I've seen me do it.
Ron White

Rocketman on April 13, 2009, 02:07:24 pm
Thanks Frank.  You made my day.  ;D

South West Ranger on December 13, 2012, 07:08:34 pm
Actor Andy Sirkus (LOTR, KING KONG) would be great in the Simian Roles ! ;)

anything