Bob G on January 14, 2016, 03:33:23 pm
From the Announcements room:

Frank Bieser on January 12, 2016, 05:04:38 pm

Wanted to thank the forum users for their patience with the crash of the site on Sunday.  Since then, I've upgraded the site to the newer branch of the Simple Machines forum software from the 1.x branch to the 2.x branch. 

Unfortunately, the theme I was using is not supported by the 2.x software branch, which is why the site looks different.  I think it is a cleaner look than before.  All functionality is basically the same as before.  The main difference is I can't find a good way to modify the theme to allow me to add direct links back to the bigheadpress.com site.  So, now when you click on the link from bigheadpress.com or quantumvibe.com, the forum will open in a new tab or window (depending on your browser config).

Again, thanks for all the support and patience.

Frank Bieser, Proprietor

I like the new look. I agree it seems cleaner, and it handles quoted links better. It's missing avatars, poster status, and karma points; but I'm not, particularly. Missing them, that is.

Out of curiosity, does the lack of member status display mean anyone can start a new topic?
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

Frank B. on January 18, 2016, 02:59:01 pm
No, it shouldn't.  Posting new topics is limited to folks who have participated in existing topics.